Sunday, September 19, 2010

Out with the old, in with the new on October 18th!

Hi and welcome to my blog for the Edmonton Public School Board election!


Since education is so critically important to our future, I have created this forum for a discussion of many of the issues and challenges that will face our new Board of Trustees as they guide our school district over the next 3 years.

By 9:00am for each day of the election, I will be posting a "secret", that is, one of my perspectives on a particular aspect of school board governance as I experienced it and I invite you to add your thoughts to the discussion.

There are a bunch of issues in the pot right now and I intend to touch on many of them during the coming month: education funding, school consolidations and closures, provincial initiatives to "transform" education, transportation, technology, relationships with stakeholders, and the list goes on.

The new trustees will have a steep learning curve and it is my hope that this blog will be a useful place for candidates and community members to share their views about how we might make a good school district even better.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Mr. Gibeault, for providing the school board candidates with this valuable forum. I look forward to interesting debate on the issues facing public schools today. Sincerely, Joanna Rozmus, Candidate, Ward F.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you blogging Mr. Gibeault!

    When I was a researcher for the Public School Boards Association of Alberta we were constantly encouraging trustees to be more interactive with their communities, especially with the free social media tools available. I wish every trustee kept a public blog so kudos! -- better late than never!

    Michael Janz, Candidate Ward F Edmonton Public School Board

    ReplyDelete